Having an online language tutor can be an invaluable asset for language learners. This guide tells you everything you need to know about finding and working with the right one!
- What does a language tutor do?
- How Fluent Forever Coaching works
- How to find and request your language tutor in Fluent Forever
- Language Bootcamp: even faster results
- How much does a language tutor cost?
- Language learners agree: it works!
What does a language tutor do?
The fastest way to learn a language involves working with a language tutor. While language exchanges and courses are good options as well, they lack tutoring’s attention to an individual’s personal interests, pace, schedule, and goals. Additionally, tutors are often native speakers who are certified or experienced in language teaching, making them excellent resources for beginner, intermediate, and advanced learners. Plus, online tutoring makes this awesome learning option more readily available to everyone.
Aware of these benefits, Fluent Forever considers working with online language tutors as a key element in its proven method for reaching fluency in any language. Fluent Forever’s tutors are referred to as language coaches because they go the extra mile. Coaches cover the extra role of keeping you motivated and accountable during the learning process. What’s more, every coach at Fluent Forever is 100% a native speaker of the language they teach.
So, if you’re looking for personalized language tutoring with qualified native speakers, Fluent Forever’s Live Coaching is for you. Below is everything you need to know about this program.
How Fluent Forever Coaching works
Fluent Forever’s Live Coaching makes up the 4th and final stage of our tried-and-tested methodology to learn a language for good. Here’s our 4-Step method in a nutshell:
- Using the Fluent Forever app, we train your ears through minimal pair tests to help you hear and understand the sounds of your target language.
- Through the incredible power of personalized flashcards, you learn frequently used, real-life vocabulary.
- With some key words under your belt, you pick up the essential grammar of your target language using stories and sentences you already know.
- You build your conversational skills with a native speaking language tutor. Additionally, you get to practice and review known vocabulary and grammar while discovering new words and sentences with your coach. You’ll be able to add these new sentences to your app for later review.
The goal of Live Coaching is to accelerate your learning and help you feel comfortable speaking in your target language. To do this, tutoring sessions are based around the subjects you’re interested in and built on your personal language objectives.
In addition, the meetups with your coach are organized around your availability and desired pace. Not only that, but with our Daily Coaching package for Spanish (Latin American) and French, you can opt for weekly group sessions in case you want to work with other fellow language learners. Group sessions for other languages will be available soon!
Lastly, if you want to really speedrun your journey to fluency, you can try out our language Bootcamp, which is basically an intensive form of Live Coaching. But more on that later!
So, how do you sign up for our Live Coaching program? Let’s go through 4 easy steps for getting your very own online language tutor.
How to find and request your language tutor at Fluent Forever
Step 1. Choose your language
First, you select the language you’re interested in learning. You can go for Spanish (Latin American and European), French, Italian, Japanese, German, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Korean, Portuguese, English, and Dutch.
Step 2. Choose your program
One of the best perks of working with our online language tutors is that you can take your language sessions from your phone or computer in the comfort of your home.
Additionally, sessions happen based on your time availability and desired pace. For example, you can choose to meet your Fluent Forever language coach on a daily, twice weekly, or weekly basis, depending on your needs. Here are the available options:
- Daily Coaching: 10 or 20 minutes every weekday (includes an optional weekly group session for Latin American Spanish and French)
- Weekly Coaching – 20 or 30 minutes once a week
- Twice Weekly Coaching – 20 or 30 minutes per session
- Coaching add-ons – one-off 10-, 20-, and 30-minute additional sessions available to people already registered on one of the above programs
Step 3. Choose your language tutor and schedule
After you’ve settled on a program, it’s time to pick your coach and schedule!
Firstly, all of our coaches are native speakers trained in our trustworthy, science-backed method to learn a language fast. So, rest assured that you’ll get high-quality language tutoring regardless of who you pick!
While every coach is equally remarkably prepared, each has a different background. For example, some coaches are into rock music and horror movies, while others love talking about their favorite team in the Premier League and strawberry cheesecake recipes. There’s a coach for everyone!
You have the opportunity to learn with someone who shares your passions, hobbies, and interests. Working with that person makes conversations flow smoother and more naturally. Consequently, it will get you speaking more, which is how you reach fluency quickly.
After you pick your coach, you can select your sessions. Remember, learning a new language takes time and dedication, so make sure you choose a schedule you can stick to.
Let’s meet some of our current language coaches working with students on the program:
Step 4. Connect with your language tutor online
Lastly, it’s time to meet with your coach and start supercharging your language journey. Here’s a quick breakdown of what your overall experience will look like:
- Meet your coach on a weekly, twice weekly, or daily basis, according to the schedule you choose
- Chat about your hobbies, interests, and specific fluency objectives
- Get optional weekly assignments that will help reinforce your sessions
- Add the sentences you create with your coach to your Fluent Forever app
- Attend our biweekly Masterclass with Fluent Forever’s founder Gabe Wyner and other language experts
So, are you ready to start? Sign up for our Live Coaching program right now!
Language Bootcamp: even faster results
If you’re looking to supercharge your journey to fluency, our Bootcamp program is for you! This is a two-week, extra-intense version of Daily Coaching that’s perfect for people who want to kickstart their language learning without committing to a full month. Over 96% of our participants improved their speaking significantly by the end of the Bootcamp!.
This program is excellent for people who:
- Have an upcoming trip and need to learn a new language fast and actually speak it
- Want to kickstart their language learning in two weeks with a native speaker
- Want to check out what Live Coaching is all about without signing up for an entire month
Here are some satisfied Bootcampers who discovered a new confidence and reached unprecedented heights in their language learning abilities:
Over the course of 12 days, you’ll have 10- or 20-minute 1-on-1 sessions four times a week, and a 40-minute group session once a week. Currently, we’re offering our Bootcamp program to Latin American Spanish and French learners. We’ll add more languages shortly, so stay tuned!
How much does a language tutor cost?
On average, an hour-long lesson with a language tutor in the US costs around $55. However, the exact price varies depending on the tutor, their certification, the location, and the type of lesson. Therefore, you can expect to pay less for, say, a student or part-time teaching assistant, and more for high-level language tutors like linguistics professors.
Comparatively, here are our Live Coaching prices in USD:
- Daily Coaching:
- 10-minute sessions, 5 times a week: $275 a month
- 20-minute sessions, 5 times a week: $460 a month
- Weekly Coaching:
- 20-minute sessions, once a week: $99 a month
- 30-minute sessions, once a week: $145 a month
- Twice Weekly Coaching:
- 20-minute sessions, once a week: $185 a month
- 30-minute sessions, once a week: $275 a month
- Coaching add-ons:
- 10-minute session: $15
- 20-minute session: $30
- 30-minute session: $45
- 10 minutes 4 times a week, plus a weekly group session: $175
- 20 minutes 4 times a week, plus a weekly group session: $275
As we’ve seen, Live Coaching gives you so much more than regular language tutors do. First, you’re guaranteed to receive tutoring from native speakers trained in and backed by a trustworthy language learning methodology. Second, your sessions are based on what you want to talk about – your passions, hobbies, and interests.
Check out our website to learn about current available discounts and special offers!
Language learners agree: it works!
Subscribers to Fluent Forever’s Live Coaching tend to actually speak their target language faster than users who use other tutoring programs or use the app by itself. Our Coaching sessions are designed to double your learning speed by covering subjects that matter to you.
In other words, you won’t be learning with unrelated, random sentences and topics. Rather, you’ll learn by talking about things that you love: your beloved pet pug, that one Netflix show you’re binge-watching, or your upcoming European summer trip.
This approach allows you to learn twice as fast and retain words twice as long. Usually, people in our program start having basic conversations in their first two weeks!
Again, if you’re unsure whether this is possible, why not hear it straight from our learners’ mouths?
Ready to work with a language tutor?
So, are you ready to boost your language learning journey? Sign up for Fluent Forever’s Live Coaching sessions, and reach your fluency goals faster than ever![shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="28313910"]
Enjoy what you're reading?
Sign up for more