Update 11/03/2022: This is an older post written before we launched our proprietary language app and Live Coaching program.
The Fluent Forever app automates flashcard creation and review sessions in 13 languages, letting you concentrate on your learning and speeding up your progress. Coaching builds on the app with one-on-one practice, offering you a faster route to fluency.
Check out our products page to download the latest app version and sign up for Coaching.
Hi all! Just a quick update about a ton of new resources I’ve mostly finished in preparation for the book launch, and some news: I got an article published today in Scientific American Mind!
Check it out here: How to Teach Old Ears New Tricks
In my book, I talk about a lot of resources on my website: tutorials for Anki, guides to modifying these methods for Chinese and Japanese, a detailed list of immersion programs, etc.
I’ve been working on building those resources over the past couple of months, and I finished putting up the last page yesterday! They’re not completely done yet, and some of them may not be particularly useful without the book in hand, but they may be handy!
Here’s a list of them:
- Anki Tutorials: How to get started with Anki (adding pictures and sounds)
- The Gallery: How to make flashcards in the formats I recommend, my model deck, etc.
- Ear Training Flashcards: A guide to creating minimal pair flashcards
- Spelling Flashcards: Flashcards to train spelling
- Simple Picture Words: Flashcards for the 625 List
- Cards for New Words: Flashcards for complex vocab
- Cards for New Word Forms: Flashcards for verb conjugations, adjective/noun declensions, etc.
- Cards for Word Order: Flashcards for memorizing word order
- Pronunciation Tools: How to create minimal pair tests on your own
- A Guide to Google Images: How to make Google Images work for you
- Conversation Questions: (An old article on the science of friendship)
- Immersion Programs: A guide to the currently available Immersion Programs out there (not done yet, though if you have some suggestions of good programs, send them my way!)
- Modifications for Chinese/Japanese: How to modify my system for Chinese/Japanese
- Multi-Search: (Old article, though updated with new Applescripts) How to search multiple websites simultaneously
- Leitner Boxes: A schedule for creating a Leitner box for language learning (how to make paper flashcards into a Spaced Repetition System)
- Printable 625 Lists: A bunch of 625 lists in various orders and formats
Remember, you can now download the Fluent Forever app and sign up for Live Coaching to learn a language quickly and effectively.
For more tried-and-tested tips to speed up your progress to fluency, check out our comprehensive guide on The Fastest Way To Learn a Language Forever.[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="28313910"]